Can't believe it.
I had food poisoning yesterday and the pain was real bad. Real bad. I woke up with the pain in my abdomen area and the silly me thinking its not serious, continued to lay on my bed until it worsened. The moment I climbed down from my bed, it got worse. I could feel the colours drain from my face and the pain totally took my energy away. If not for my sister who dragged me to my bed, I swear I would have fainted on the floor. And if it wasn't a public holiday, I would have been lying there until someone returned home. Man, I was totally on the verge of fainting. Its like I was in between fainting and being awake. As I laid on the bed the pain went on and off. It was so torturing and there was nothing I could do to help myself but rest and wait for the medicine to take effect. That was the most awful pain I've ever encountered or at least that I can remember of.
That was not the highlight of the day actually. Let me tell you what happened later on after I got better.
I was supposed to go to work yesterday and since I was unwell I would have to report sick and take medical leave otherwise the management wouldn't know they have to get a replacement. I called up and naturally one of the managers picked up the phone. I shan't mention his name though. He picked up the phone and I immediately recognised his voice. I told him that I would be on MC cos I wasnt feeling well. AND, you'll never guess what he said to me,"Whoa, you all one by one take MC, you all wanna fail your ITP is it?" He said that in that kinda sarcastic tone of voice while trying to friendly. I was like,"hUh?!" almost immediately. Then I explained that I was really sick but he just kept on mumbling some stuff and we soon ended the call. The moment I put down my phone I was like @#$% ! What the hell? You think I'm faking illness so that I can be absent from work? What he said is totally hideous. Not even a show of concern and worse still, he didn't even trust us. Come on its been a few weeks already its not like you don't know us? How can you say something like that? It was very disturbing seriously. Throughout the whole day, the more I thought about it the more frustrated I got. I feel so ill-treated. Sigh... why are there such people? Its really sad. I told some of the staff there today but they didn't believe what I said and kept defending him saying he's only kidding. Well, there's nothing I can say or do you know. I can only do as I'm told until the end of my attachment. He even told Alex who was at work yesterday that anyone can get a mc easily and he can easily get a 5-day mc and that he's unwell too but he turns up for work. What the ****? You know what's food poisoning? You know what's called gastroenteritis? Perhaps he should try it himself and come to work still. Alex previously gotten a 3-day mc but he actually took 2 days off only cos he didn't wanna miss that much of work. He was obviously linking me up with Alex and thinks that we both cheated them. I can only tell people out there that there's actually such discrimination and injustice.
My conscience is clear. How about him? Is malignance the only thing he can give for people who put in so much effort in their work? I gotta thAnk him so much for his distrust because it made me learn so much, that a book cannot be judged by its cover.

<< Home