No way to say

Monday, June 13, 2005

Cycling trip.

I went on a cycling trip with Vincent, Helmut, Jade and Qiu Mei on Saturday evening from Yew Tee to Jurong Hill and back. It was a journey of about 30 Km to and fro.

I'm actually suffering from muscle ache every where on my body nOW especially on my bUTT(HAHA! oF ALL plAcEs) but I thought that all these is worth it because I really had a great time. There were laughters, tears, moaning(hAHa) and all kinds of emotions along the way. From this you'd probably guess that many things happened throughout the whole trip. It was a perilous journey indeed. We all survived it, luckily.

Jade suffered the most because she met with 3 accidents. The first one, she rode straight into a wall because she tried to avoid a boy in front and she knocked her head slightly on the wall. It was the second accident that landed her with wounds, cuts and bruises all over her arm and palms. There was a narrow path in between the seats at the bus stop and the stupid curbs and so we all cycled through it except for Jade. I didn't witness what happened but she probably hit one of the curbs, lost control of her bike and fell OFF. I felt really sad for her and worried at the same time. Sad because she probably wouldn't enjoy her rest of her journey and worried because I'm afraid she might meet with another accident. True enough, she almoST landed into a drain. We feared for her safety from then on and so we got her to cycle in front with vincent.

On the way back we stopped at Jurong Point for our dinner and then Jade left with one of the bikes on a taxi because she wasn't feeling very well. And because jade wasn't around, we agreed to take a different path from the way we came which I've to say was a much tougher journey. There were much more uphill slopes because we were cycling on the roads basically compared to our original path where we cycled only on concrete pavements.

Strangely, we all took different bikes the way back. HahA. I was complaining how uncomfortable Jade's bike was and that my butt hurt a lot! LOL. Vincent then wanted to exchange with me but Helmut took my bike instead and I took Helmut's. Poor Helmut suffered a lot. I was concentrating on my cycling when I decided to take a look behind and I did not see Helmut at all! LOL. It was after I slowed down then did he appear and he said something like: Pei Xuan Wait fOr me! My buTT v pAin. *giGGles*

Halfway back, everybody was already exhausted. Qiu Mei was the luckiest because she had Vincent pushing her from behind while he was cycling. She took the bike that I rode on the way to Jurong Hill. The sad thing was qiu mei didn't know how to adjust the gears and so it was probably very tough for her all the way.

Whilst cycling on the road, we had to take note of any passing vehicles though there wasn't much of a traffic at that time. But i remembered clearly how closely a Trans Island bus zoomed pass me because that put me in a very precarious situation. Anything could have happened if I wasn't steady. My friends and I would have probably flown off our bikes if we happened to just touch the heavy vehicles passing by. *phew*

We passed by NTU too. Luckily, we decided noT to look for Dr Xu otherwise we'd probably reached home even later. It was said that we would pass by cemeteries. I was probably too concentrated on cycling that I didn't notice practically anything. Still, I'm glad I didn't notice them because just the thought of it sends a shiver down my spine.. *shivers*

Helmut and I rejoiced when we saw the large green sign board that says CHoA cHu Kang or was it Yew Tee I couldn't remember clearly. Seeing the sign board equates to reaching home. Haha.

I've put up the pictures below so go take a look!